2012년 8월 26일 일요일

Causes of optic disc swelling

I work for Kim's Eye Hospital, Konyang University.
Kim's Eye Hospital is the biggest hospital for eye in Korea.

My major is neuro-ophthalmology. so, I'm interested in optic disc.

The optic disc is a window of central nervous system and also gives a lot of information about optic neuropathy.

In my experience, the most common cause of optic disc swelling in Korea is non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy and followed by optic neuritis, papilledema and  pseudopapilledema.

Please, refer to my article "Analysis of the Causes of Optic Disc Swelling" in Kor J Ophthalmol 2011.

Thus, I will post cases of optic disc swelling with photography.

If you have any comment or question, feel free to email to me "ungsookim@kimeye.com"

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기